Bus Rules & Regulations
If your child is scheduled to be a regular passenger on one of
our buses, please read the rest of this passage very carefully.
Bus transportation is provided by authority of the Board of Directors.
The safety of every student on our buses is of great concern to
all of us. Every precaution is taken to see that students arrive
safely at their destination. Students will be expected to keep the
buses clean and damage free.
The bus driver has a great deal of responsibility. They have to
keep their mind on their driving. If they are worried about student
misbehavior on the bus, they cannot be a safe driver. Anything that
distracts the driver's attention immediately endangers the safety
of the passengers. It is, therefore, absolutely necessary
that the students riding the bus conduct themselves in an appropriate
In order to operate a safe, efficient and economical transportation
program it is absolutely necessary that all passengers observe the
bus regulations. The procedures described below will be followed
in case your child is referred to the office by a bus driver. (High
school students will be referred to Denison Administration.)
- 1st Referral in a Quarter: Talk with Principal
Johnson and appropriate discipline will be issued.
- 2nd Referral in a Quarter: Meet with Principal
Johnson and parental notification. Appropriate discipline will
be issued and a discussion will be held regarding what will happen
on a third referral.
- 3rd Referral in a Quarter: Mandatory meeting
with parents, student, bus driver, and Principal Johnson. At that
time a corrective plan of action will be made by the members present,
and what will happen if another referral occurs.
We sincerely hope you will cooperate with us in helping make our
buses safe for all passengers.
- The bus driver is in charge of the students and the bus. Students
must obey the driver at all times. Drivers will inform the students
of the rules and will enforce those rules.
- Students must be on time. The bus cannot wait beyond its regular
schedule for those who are tardy.
- Students should never stand in the roadway while waiting for
- Unnecessary conversation with the driver is prohibited.
- Passengers must remain seated at all times while the bus is
- Students must not, at any time extend arms, legs, or head out
of the bus window.
- Students must not try to get on or off the bus or move about
within the bus while it is in motion. They are instructed
to remain in their seats until their destination is reached.
- Any damage to the bus by a student will be paid for by the student.
- Students must observe the instructions of the driver when leaving
Rules & Regulations »
2016-2017 Bus Routes »
2016-2017 Alternate Bus Routes »